07 March 2009
The end of old Bhandup station sidings
Saturday, March 7
The old sidings of Bhandup station behind platform number one, that were located in the Guest, Keen Willaims Company (popularly known as GKW Company) premises were finally demolished and uprooted on Saturday.
The rails comprised old heavy metal, cast iron pot sleepers. The station is on the line of India's first railway line run by the Great Indian Peninsula Railway (GIPR) and had also played host to the first railway in 1853.
Though the uprooted rails do not belong particularly to the first railway, they were a part of the Great Indian Peninsula Railway (GIPR). All the uprooted rails have been piled up to sold off or scrapped. Exclusive pictures of the removal in process.
Posted by Rajendra Aklekar